We’re not just talking peanuts here … we’re talking BIG business!
- 850 = the number of peanuts in an 18-ounce jar of peanut butter
- 20 Feet = the world’s largest peanut monument is 20 feet tall and is located in Ashburn, Ga.
- 1904 = The year peanut butter was introduced to the general public at the World’s Fair
- 2,861 = the average number of pounds of peanuts harvested from one acre
- 1,500 = The number of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the average American child will eat by the time he graduates from high school
- 7 lbs. = The average amount of peanuts and related products each American consumes each year
- $632 Million = Annual retail sales for jams, jellies, fruit spreads and preserves
- 50% = Percentage of peanuts grown that are eaten in the form of peanut butter
Sources: J.M. Smucker, International Jelly and Preserve Association, Peanut-Butter.org
Petey Comment – No big point to be made – simply thought this information would be fun for you peanut butter lovers!