How do we stay focused and balanced without becoming overwhelmed?
How do we stay focused and in balance without becoming overwhelmed? One of my answers came during a summit meeting with Brian Buffini. He suggested that we consider the below:
The Five Circles of Life
You may name them differently: health (mental and/or physical), wealth, self (ego), business, family/friends, hobbies etc.
Here’s how it works:
- Prioritize your priorities – select the top 5.
- Rate all five from 1-10 as to how much of your potential you are presently using. For example, you may rate your Physical Health as your #1 priority, but are only using 5% of your potential needed to get to your goal.
- Write down one thing you can do to improve each priority by 10%. For example, under Physical Health – if you are presently running 1 mile, improve it by 10% by running 1.1 miles per day. Taking small steps for BIG results!
- Mark your success each day on your calendar. For example, if your number one priority is your Physical Health, after you’ve run that 1.1 miles mark #1 on your calendar for the day.
- Review your calendar after a month and monitor your success.
After all, it is YOUR life – LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST POTENTIAL!