What if you had a delete and refresh button for doing business in a new or better way?
The store manager of Belk’s Department Store asked a similar question of his staff. His task was to take over a store that had been opened for the previous 22 years and was perhaps getting a bit complacent. With that question alone he got their attention, creative ideas, “buy in” and certainly a refreshing new outlook that made them even more customer-centric. He turned
Mind Set into being more Open Minded. Salem Boohaker now manages the Belk Galleria Flagship store in Dallas, Texas.
Imagine for a moment that you could push a DELETE button and discard all the unproductive, unprofitable, uncomfortable, and unreliable time-stealers, money expenditures and negativity from your day! Or – Push the REFRESH button to realign and improve upon the challenges in your life.
Tip for your business:
• Whether you are in construction, a Fortune 500 Company, a non-profit, or an organization — It basically starts with your people.
• Maybe a realignment of your Organization Chart is in order!?
• Do you have the right people, in the right place, at the right time, for the right reason?
Tip for your personal life:
• When was the last time you made a list of your priorities?
• What and who is important in your life?
• Delete the negativity around you – accent the positive!
• Mark your calendar quarterly and ask yourself, “What do I need to delete from my life and how can I refresh by realigning and improving the way I spend my time and energy?”