Focus: Diversity, Adversity, and Positive Action
"My district of salaried managers and I truly enjoyed your excellent presentation on Generational Diversity. You made it fun and educational for all while maintaining a high level of professionalism. My district manager and I were very impressed with the way you created a presentation catered to fit our culture here at Wal-Mart. We look forward to you doing the same for Wal-Mart’s corporate office!"
Walmart is a global company with more than 1.9 million associates worldwide and more than 7,000 stores across 14 markets.
Petey was hired as a trainer for an ongoing diversity program focusing on their top level management.
Petey implemented a six hour course that included:
- A session on Discrimination/Harassment Prevention
- A session entitled The Great Divide of the Generations as it applies to Wal-Mart Management and Employee base
- A session on Communication skills to be used regarding Diversity, Customer Service and minimizing misunderstandings
- Used a philosophical overview of Reality vs. Perception as it applies to Generational and Multicultural diversity
- Program on making the transition between old time thinking into prime time awareness regarding Management and Leadershi
- Used Interactive exercises engaging the audience in discussions regarding issues, policy feedback, and creative solutions
The management team increased their knowledge regarding mutual trust and respect of our differences, thereby creating the benefit of increased morale and profits. Open and meaningful discussions allowed for total company buy-in to the fair, legal, honest and ethical treatment of all persons as unique individuals.