It’s not if, it’s when.
strike any company at any time. The key to survival is first understanding how a crisis can impact your employees, customers, suppliers, property, reputation and bottom line. Next, developing a plan of action can help your organization mitigate damage and develop trust with your customers and target audience.
In last month’s Two Minute Tip we revealed 3 steps to help your organization develop a comprehensive readiness program. This month we are focusing on how to set-up a command center and how to activate your Crisis Management Plan (CPM).
Below are some features of a Crisis Management Plan:
- Create an outline of how you will identify and evaluate the disaster
- Identify your Crisis Management Team and their individual responsibilities
- Develop an outline that helps Executive Managers and their alternates react to the crisis in a consistent manner
- Have contact lists of internal and external stakeholders
- To control media interaction, create guidelines to communicating to the public
We all hope it doesn’t happen to us. But, what if it does? Do you have a Crisis Management Plan to assist your organization?